And now for your annual Chicago Gore Post!
It has been literally a whole calendar year since my last entry and that is… I don’t even know what word to use.
I’ll let you (you did stay around waiting for another post didn’t you?) decide on that. But for now I think it’s best to recap what’s happened since the last time the Earth was in the same space in orbit of the Sun.
- I left off with my wife 8 months pregnant and I’m extremely happy to announce that we had a baby boy! His name is Thomas and he most definitely inherited his mother’s button nose.
- Unfortunately he had to stay in the NICU for 3 more days before we could take him home!
- Halloween came a few months later and a Navy Captain chose the wrong time to step into our “Turn You Back to a Baby” Machine.
- A dress went viral on the Internet. My poor poor wife insists its Black and Blue. Clearly, for sane people, it’s White and Gold.
- I got a new job! Still working for the State of Illinois in IDES but now I’m an Administrative Assistant working downtown instead of trekking 40-50 miles back and forth to the burbs!
- Easter came and my son crushed it.
- Travelled to Milwaukee. Consumed beer. Baby sick. New teeth. Little sleep.
And that’s about it! Ok, so I’m a bit biased… I’m completely and absolutely in love with my now 9 month old son and he’s kind of a big deal.
Sorry I didn’t post much but I will try (ha!) to post a wee bit more frequently than once a year!